In light of recent events, Childress ISD is implementing a new program in order to help all students.
The overall program name will be called Change the World. This program will include the following:
- School Violence Prevention Student Workbook to be completed in the classrooms
- Mental Health First Aid Training (provided by MHMR) for all teachers, instructional aides, counselors, and administrators
- A Mentoring Program we will start with Bo Brown, Texas Ranger
- Mental Health First Aid Training (provided by MHMR) for Parents on Oct. 22-23
- A contact list of crisis counselors who are available at a moment's notice
The Mental Health First Aid Training for parents will be on October 22 and 23 from 5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. at the High School Media Center. A meal will be provided. This training is limited to 30 individuals. Slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If there are more than 30 individuals interested, we will schedule another training. If you are interested, please contact Sarah Mills by email at email@example.com or by phone at 940-937-2501 ext. 1060.